Wednesday 23 July 2008

last minute preparations!

well it's all been a bit hectic this week as I started my new job on monday, but as I leave on Saturday Morning I have to use the evenings to prepare, hence me not updating much (sorry!).
Thanks for all the kind donations i've had, it's really nice of people to support this project!
I'm almost ready to go, I went to London last weekend to give a friend Cass 9 of the shoe boxes as she is flying out with two other volunteers on friday but I can't leave until saturday! I couldn't carry all this stuff on my own!
I'm a little worried about luggage limits and if my hand luggage bag will be accepted as hand luggage dimensions but i'm hoping for the best (it's about 1cm out at the wheels bit!).
I've so much to take it's rediculous, next time I am going to fly out with somebody and share the stuff out equally between us as a joint project, I have plans to eventually do a similar project in Belarus (hopefully).
Tonight I am working on some flash cards for the kids to try and let them understand the process a bit, we will have a translator but I know I learn better from images than somebody describing one for me, They will be very basic explanations as I sometimes wonder at the magic of light sensitve paper myself and I dont have a clue how to explain that one!
They will be something along the lines of these diagrams:


I guess I may be able to update whilst in Romania but possibly not often!

No comments: